
An American friend of mine is visiting
Berlin over the winter break, which made me think of my own visit to Berlin, many years ago, back in the mists of time... Ah! What times I had in Berlin. What a vibrant, decadent, bustling city in which a young cove like me could get up to all sorts of drunken mischief. Except not. I went to Berlin a year or two before sixth form, and I went with my parents, which seriously cramped my style. Oh, being a skint only child who is not yet in a position to go away to foreign climes without one's parents! Oh, the perils of having an incredibly history-enthusiastic museum curator for a father! We went to 12 museums in ten days. I don't want to talk about it.
Having said that, Berlin was wonderful. The look of the city really appealed to me. I also got the impression that a lot of fun was to be had if one managed to avoid being fifteen, crap at German and dragged around museums by one's parents (actually, I was crazy for the Bauhaus museum). I had such a good time taking photos, a few of which appear here.





No comments:
Post a Comment