Friday, 17 July 2009

Babe Ruthless

So this is the thing I am now most excited about in my life:




Whip It! looks amazing. Take the alluring and intriguing world of all-girl roller derby, throw in Drew Barrymore acting and directing, an all-round awesome cast, and Ellen Page in the lead being cute as a button, and you have a recipe for sexy funtimes. This movie has been on the radar of fabulousness for a while now, and now that the trailer has arrived it doesn't disappoint. I hope the movie lives up to all of the personal hype I have created in my brain.

Trailer bonus points for Ellen's dorky glasses, the roller derby nicknames, Maeby from Arrested Development in the best buddy role, Drew's laugh, the DIY feminist ethos, gratuitous elbow violence, usage of Weezer and Boys Wanna Be Her by Peaches.

P.S. Kaia you are totally going to owe me five bucks. You know why.

6 comments:

Nick M said...

This looks made of win. We Heart Drew.

susie r said...

Yeah, this is a total lez-friendly movie. The ladies thank you, Drew and Ellen!

Amy said...

This looks so good!! And I always wondered what happened to Marv from Home Alone. He must have broken up with Harry and gone straight- hey, double meaning!!

Miss Finnie said...

I am so excited for this movie!!!! I think Drew Barrymore may be the reason I'm gay...and now she's in skates??!!! And directing. I may literally have to watch my entire Barrymore collection to prepare myself for this historic event so as to desensitise myself from her awesomeness!!! A little much...?

DREW IS MY HOMEGIRL!!!!!

p.s. when is it out??? let's go together!!!

Tim said...

Things I love about this movie already:

All the music
Ellen Page's determined skating
Ellen Page
Andrew, the third Wilson brother
Kristen Wiig's expression when asked if anyone's thrown up on the track
Zoe Bell in another actual acting role
Alia Shawkat's slightly 70's look throughout
The fact that it's passed the Bechdel test and all I've seen is the trailer

Can't wait to see the whole thing.

susie r said...

I KNOW, right? I haven't been this excited about a movie since...I don't know when.

Btw, very nice use of the Bechdel test. That is a very handy bit of thinking, right there. So many movies fail it!