Well, yellow. No! No yellow! Just purple, turquoise, light blue, dark blue, orange, green and pink. I must stop inappropriately quoting Black Books. No need.
Penguin are currently 70 years old, and in their smug old age they are flinging out new and pretty print runs of awesome books to all quarters. These ones are called Penguin Celebrations, there are 36 of them, billed as "the best books of their kind to be published in recent years". There are some interesting choices, and I am very glad to see Ali Smith, Everything is Illuminated and The Secret History are up there. They have also included Jeremy Clarkson's book. (Vomit. Not that I have read it.) It is pleasantly surprising to spot the new books in the classic covers. I love it.
Pretty colours, classic design. See them all here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Remember when Jeremy Clarkson wasn't cool? It was back in 1995. How did he suddenly become cool?
Urgh, they have Niall Ferguson's 'Empire' there too? Doesn't he try to justify imperialism in that book?...I'm not completely sure, but I seem to remember hearing that he does. Nice covers though.
Ugh, well, I am not reading either of those books. I'm pretty sure that Imperialism and cars are bad!
Post a Comment