Tuesday, 19 February 2008

Turtle Dogs

(Remember when we had that amazingly long and involved conversation about what it would entail to live in a turtle shell? Giant space turtles, if I recall; there had to be some growing or shrinking somewhere.)

Turtle Dogs

I present the work of Vera Brosgol (aka. vera bee) , an illustrator of Russian origin who is currently based, of course, in Portland, Oregon, where the cool things are. She draws a lot of adorable schoolgirls/ regency maids with little pointy feet and wide eyes, plus some excellent carnival figures, and assorted other interesting people. Hmm, am I doing her justice here? Cool stuff, is what I'm saying, and the quirkier the better. Below are some of my favourite adorable oddities:

Kissing the Wolfman

Pool Fetus

Jones

Skeletor

A couple of birthday cards:



The pool fetus is my favourite. The colours are great, the weirdness is top shelf. Apples?! More at verabee.com, check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best one is the Skeletor one!

susie r said...

I enjoy the look of horror on the face of skeletor's potential ladyfriend.