A little bit of
Tom Gauld on a Monday for what ails you. I absolutely love this man. These are just a few images cribbed from Gauld's agency
website portfolio, which is not particularly helpful actually, but lately I have been finding his work everywhere. Book jackets, cartoons in the Guardian Lit supplement every Saturday, comics, postcards (I may have sent you one of his postcards), posters, books etc. The day of Tom Gauld has come, it seems. I very much enjoy his Three Very Small Comics series (three minuscule comics in a little brown envelope, Vols. I through III) , which you can sometimes get from your local friendly comic book shop. Collaborations with Simone Lia are also very good; apparently they went to art school together. Cavemen, astronauts, monsters, cabinets of curiosity, lonely yetis, stickmen faced with conundrums. Heart!
(Are these astronauts holding hands? I wish to believe that they are.)


(This one reminds me of the Iron Giant a lot.)

More Tom Gauld at
Cabanon Press, which also publishes Simone Lia's stuff. I will be getting to Simone Lia later. Probably more Tom Gauld later too, let's face it.
E.T.A. I just remembered that Norwich Arts Centre has some Tom Gauld and Simone Lia stuff up on the walls as part of their
current exhibition. Back wall, by the bar. Check it out, Norwich-dwellers.
1 comment:
Man, this is good for the monday blues. Must go find the Very Small Comics, sift through because they make me happy, try to get out of bed. In that order.
Post a Comment